ISLPR Language Services Blog
What is the ISLPR test and how is the test conducted?
The language you know and use depends on your language experience and needs. Therefore, at ISLPR Language Services (ILS) we believe in adaptive testing. A language test that is personalised for each candidate.
– Dr David E. Ingram (Director and co-creator of the ISLPR test)
The ISLPR test is a personalised and individual English test and is unlike any other English test in Australia. The ISLPR was created by Dr David Ingram (the co-creator of the original IELTS testing system), who identified the need for a more flexible testing system.
Why is the ISLPR test different from other tests?
- The ISLPR test is one-to-one.
- You will be interviewed by an ISLPR tester for one hour to assess your speaking, listening and reading skills.
- The ISLPR test is an individual test that is customised for each candidate
- The content of your test is customised to match your interests and expertise! Are you a primary school teacher? Then your test will focus on the language of teaching. Are you studying business at university? Then your test will be customised accordingly.
- The ISLPR test is the shortest test.
- An ISLPR test only takes two hours to complete!
- The first hour is an interview between you and an accredited ISLPR tester. During this hour conversation your speaking, listening and reading skills will be assessed.
- The second hour is a self-paced writing exam. During this hour you will be given two short writing tasks to complete.
- Results only take 5-10 business days.
- In some cases where there is an emergency, we can get results to you faster!
- We test your real life language. There are no tips or tricks to pass the ISLPR test!
- At ISLPR we encourage you to practise your English every day. We provide English tutorials to help our candidates improve their English AND we provide free English activity sheets to practise your language at home.
- Our ISLPR blog is also full of free educational content to help you learn English at home!
- The ISLPR test is accepted by many institutions around Australia.
- If you’re unsure, simply check with the administrative department at your institution or contact us and we’ll find out for you!
Have we answered all your questions?! If not, leave a comment below and we’ll reply to you ASAP (as soon as possible).
If you would like more information on the format of the ISLPR test, click the button below to download an information sheet!