ISLPR Language Services Blog
ISLPR Teaching & Online Testing Update
The past 12 months since the COVID-19 pandemic have certainly been disruptive for all. During this time, although we may not have been able to visit you in your cities or countries, we have tried to provide you with educational content that you could use at home to ensure your language does not regress. We have expanded our products and services and now offer a range of learning materials (both free and paid) to aid ESL learners in their language development. We will be providing an update on our travel plans for 2021 below but, before we do that, we thought we’d highlight a few old and new services we have on offer as well as products to be released soon.
- Free Activity Sheets
- Free Webinar: Answers for activity sheet 2 as well as a discussion on common issues for ESL learners
- Watch here
- Free Webinar:How to Develop your English Skills
- Coming Soon!
- Register here for an invitation
- Blog Posts most of the topics that we discuss on our blog are common issues we encounter with second language learners like:
- eBook: Developing your English Skills and Preparing for your English Test
- Our eBook will be launching soon. In the meantime, download a free extract here
- English tutorials
- Individual tutorials to identify any issues in your English language skills and advice on how to improve
- Self-Paced English Courses
- Coming soon!
- Separate speaking, listening, reading and writing modules to complete in your own time.
- Modules can be bought as a bundle or separately.
- Answers are supplied with each module for participants to check their work.
- 14-Week English Course
- 14 workbooks are supplied each focusing on a different key issue in two of the skills of speaking, listening, reading and writing with exercises provided for practice purposes – each skill is covered several times through the 14 workbooks.
- 14 live workshops to attend online to discuss the workbooks
- Participants are taught how to be critical of their English and mark their own work
- 6-Week English Course
- A strong focus on developing reading and writing skills
- 4 intensive workbooks sent with activities that cover the most common issues in ESL learners’ reading and writing skills
- Each participant is given a selection of customized questions in their workbook to ensure activities are relevant to their background.
- All workbooks that are submitted by the due date receive personalized feedback from our tutors.
Brisbane Testing: Our Brisbane office has remained open throughout the COVID pandemic. We provide tutorials, test feedback, ISLPR® tests, English courses, and more. Our regular office hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. You are now able to book an appointment up to three months in advance. We have opened appointment bookings up to 20 June 2021.
Sydney Testing: We have trained a local tester in Sydney who will be conducting tests once a week from a CBD location. This tester is fully booked until May 2021.
Adelaide Testing: We will be travelling to Adelaide every two months, provided the demand in Adelaide is sufficient. A list of confirmed dates are listed on our website here.
Other locations: We are able to travel to other locations in Australia, provided there is demand. To request a tester in your city, click here. We will publish dates if we receive a minimum of 12 interested candidates.
International locations (outside Australia): Unfortunately, COVID border restrictions mean it is still not possible for us to travel overseas. However, we can provide an update on our Online Test.
THE ISLPR® ONLINE TEST
We are currently completing the statistical trials of our online test. At this stage, we are searching for 5 more QLD-based participants to take part in our trials and do a face-to-face test at our office. If you meet the requirements outlined here, we encourage you to sign up to take part in our trials. Anyone who registers to take part will receive an invitation from email@example.com with an enrolment form (if you have previously registered your interest, please check your inbox or junk – we last sent invitations out on 10 March 2021).
Our aim is to complete the trials by the end of March, lodge our reports in the weeks following with end-users and seek acceptance of the online test as soon as possible. Of course, this all depends on whether we can get enough volunteers who meet the pre-requisites to take part in the trials (these pre-requisites are non-negotiable and were outlined by our third-party statistician).
We hope the above information provides an update on any queries you may have. If you have a question that hasn’t been addressed above, please leave a comment below and we’ll answer you as soon as possible. Alternatively, if you would like to keep your question or query private, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.