ISLPR Language Services Blog
ISLPR Brisbane COVID-19 Policy
In light of the current global health crisis, we have been busy finding ways to reduce the impact on our day-to-day business and continue serving candidates who rely on our services to progress their studies or career. At ISLPR Language Services (ILS), we firmly believe social distancing must be practised.
Please note, we have reduced business hours and therefore, are prioritising our Brisbane-based test candidates. We are looking into an online testing solution so we can provide the test to those interstate and overseas. You will be updated when we have more information to share.
Who does this affect?
This policy affects our Brisbane office only. If you are scheduled or are considering booking a test with our Brisbane office, please read this policy carefully. You will be asked to confirm that you have read this policy on the day of your test. You will be asked to sign a declaration on the morning of your test confirming you have read this policy.
What has NOT changed?
ISLPR Language Services will continue to offer tutorials and feedback via Skype/Zoom only. Tutorials and feedback appointments are available to ALL interested candidates, regardless of your location.
The ISLPR Global Accreditation Company will continue to moderate and quality assure ALL ISLPR tests that are conducted at accredited testing centres.
What has changed?
As of Thursday, 19 March 2020, all testers will be working from home. Candidates who have booked to do their test in Brisbane will still be able to do their test from our Mount Gravatt office. A staff member will be at the office to supervise the test. This staff member has undertaken the Australian Government’s Infection Control training for COVID-19. Your interview will be conducted online via Zoom. Please read on to familiarise yourself with the new procedures.
- You must bring your own writing utensils. This includes pencils, pens, erasers and highlighters. While this has always been our policy, we have cracked down on this and will not be able to lend you any utensils.
- Please note our office and the exterior building is monitored by CCTV. Your test will also be recorded.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early for your exam. Please do not arrive earlier as you are not permitted to sit in our office. Please do not arrive any later as we do have administrative procedures to get through before your test begins. There is a coffee shop that is still operating below our building.
- Please walk to the end of the hallway and wash your hands thoroughly. Our office door will always remain locked. Once you have washed your hands, return to our office and knock on the door.
- When you are in our office, please practise social-distancing.
- Remain 1.5 metres away from the staff member on duty.
- Do not shake hands.
- Wash/sanitise your hands frequently.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue then immediately sanitise your hands after disposing of the tissue.
- You will be allowed in 10 minutes before your test is scheduled to start. Your phone must be in your bag and turned off. If a phone rings during the exam, this will be deemed as serious misconduct.
- Your photo will be taken and ID copied.
- When you hand your licence to the supervisor on duty, they will copy it, hand it back to you, and you will both need to sanitise your hands again.
- If you are here for an interview (S/L/R test), you will be interviewed online, via Zoom. Our staff member will supervise the entire interview. You will still be able to talk face-to-face with the tester. Please bear in mind that while we have done all we can to ensure minimal disruption is caused by lagging internet, some things are out of our control.
- If you are doing a writing test, the procedure will remain as normal.
- During the test, you will be given a box of tissues, a plastic bag, hand sanitiser and antibacterial wipes. You must cough or sneeze into a tissue and dispose of it in your plastic bag. After the interview and writing test, you will also be asked to wipe down your area with an antibacterial wipe and dispose of it in your plastic bag. At the end of the test, you must take the plastic bag with you (there is an industrial bin in our car park).
Please note: the cleansing procedures that have been put in place in our office are in line with the Australian Government’s recommendation. The staff member on duty in the office has undertaken the Australian Government’s Infection Control Training for COVID-19.
For the foreseeable future, only one candidate will be allowed in our office at a time. You are not permitted to bring any one with you as they will be denied entry into our office. After every test, the office will be cleaned with hospital grade disinfectant.
If you are displaying any symptoms of sickness, you will be asked to reschedule your test. If you are feeling unwell, notify us immediately so we can reschedule your test.
We are currently waiting for a delivery of masks. Once these arrive, candidates will be required to wear a mask in the office while doing their test.
While these measures may seem extreme, they are necessary. These procedures were introduced to ensure we can continue to offer our services during these unusual times.
These procedures may change depending on the advice we receive from government officials in Australia.
We thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.