ISLPR Language Services English Course
A 14-week course designed to develop your speaking, listening, reading, and writing skills.
Please be aware that this course is not being offered again in 2021. We will soon be launching a 6-week speaking & listening course.
The creators of this course have, together, over 60 years’ experience in English language teaching. During these years they have come to learn what the most frequent issues are when a person is learning English as a second language. This 14-week course was designed to help ESL learners improve all aspects of their English though there is a particularly strong focus on writing (the most problematic skill).
What can you expect? Every Saturday you will be sent a new workbook to complete by Thursday. These workbooks have been developed by Dr David Ingram (creator of the ISLPR test and many others) and Jenny Tamiya (accredited ISLPR tester and tutor). Each workbook will have a different focus (see the course outline below) and will provide theory and practicals to complete. Every Friday you will be invited to attend online a one to two hour group workshop with your tutor and the rest of your cohort. During the workshop, your tutor will go through the workbook for the week and provide answers or topics for discussion. Any questions you have will be answered during this workshop. During the workshop, 30 minutes or so will be set aside to discuss the practical activities proposed in the workbook.
Enrolment opens: 13 March 2021
Enrolment closes:27 March 2021.
Course Commencement: 03 April 2021.
Course Completion: 10 July 2021
Who is this course suitable for?
- Any ESL learners who have basic English,
- Teachers from overseas wishing to register to teach in Australia or New Zealand,
- International students wanting to get into Australian or New Zealand universities, Colleges or Secondary Schools,
- Other people wanting to get vocational registration in Australia or New Zealand,
- Anyone wanting to improve their English skills whether they are in Australia or other countries.
What do you get?
- 14 workbooks, each designed to focus on a particular skill
- Up to 28 hours of contact time with a tutor over the 14 week programme
- Access to a private Facebook group to ask questions and engage with other participants (a great way to practise your English with like-minded people!)
- A payment plan is available to a select number of participants.
To ensure the tutors can provide course attendees with as much useful feedback as possible, places in our first round are very limited.
What time will the Friday workshop be?
Friday workshops will begin at 3 PM (AEST). We have allowed two hours for the workshops each week which means the latest finishing time is 5PM (AEST).
Please note this is an online English course only. The aim of the course is to further develop your English skills. Therefore, you will not be eligible to use your course certificate for high-stakes purposes. You must do the ISLPR test if you need to prove your proficiency for academic, professional or vocational purposes. All participants in our courses are eligible for a discount code to use towards their test booking.
How much will it cost?
This course is now full and enrolment has closed.
Please register your interest below if you would like to be notified of future intakes. We will be running this course again in 2021.